My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Face book Info

Mandie Jones Snell's Facebook profile

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Does Community Care offer stock? If so, I might as well get some...

I just wanted to take a moment and update everyone. Pretty presumptuous of me to think you really want updates, but It's my blog, so here goes.

Just after Jamison turned 3, Dec 28th, he was playing rough with Jacob and hit his head on the window sill in the living room. As with any wound in our family, it seams, he required 3 staples. Visit #1 to community care.

1 week later, the day I was taking Jamison back to get the staples out, Jacob says his throat hurts. With strep going around and his proneness to getting ill, I took him and Jamison in on the same visit. The whole way there he kept asking if he had to get a shot. In all my mom wisdom I said, "Of course not, he'll just look at your throat and if you are sick, he'll give us some medicine..." Jamison goes first and cried more than I was hoping for, but got over it quickly. Next was Jake and imagine the shocked look on his face when after the Doctor looked at him, he says, "It looks like it could be ???" (I can't even remember what ailment this time) "so we better give him a shot first and then start him on a round of antibiotics." I thought he was joking, perhaps he had overheard Jacob requesting no shots... SO when he left the room I said, again in all my mom wisdom, "Jake don't freak out, he's not going to give you a shot!" Again, picture if you will, the wide eyes of fear in a 6 year old when the nurse walked in and had a needle in her hands. To his credit, he did try to be brave, but he couldn't decide if it would hurt more in the bum or in the leg. After stalling for as long as he could, I had to help the nurse hold him long enough to get the shot in the leg. The funny part (so says the liar mom) came when the nurse stuck the needle into the sick bed, to it wouldn't poke anyone and having his nose right in on all the action, Jamison gets scared from the needle and all Jacob's screaming sobs and starts crying himself. THEN... Jackson who was only there as a spectator, decides watching Jamison's staples get removed was easier to take than seeing Jacob get a shot and says (pale as a ghost), "I just need some air mom, I'm going in the hallway."Visit to community Care #2.

Again... about a week and a half later, Jamison develops some sort of nasty canker sore on his tongue and cheek. We let it go for a few days, but when he couldn't eat or drink because it hurt too bad, we decided it was time. In we go again. To their credit, and our bill, they even recognize him this time and say, "Didn't we just see him?" Visit to Community Care #3 in less than 3 weeks. Not looking forward to those bills just after the holiday.

Anyway... Other than that, we are just waiting patiently for the arrival of Baby Girl Snell to our home. I have finally wore John down enough to start calling her by the name I picked out (we had a hard time coming to a consensus). Although the ultrasound tech was 99.9% positive this last time that she was a girl, I will officially announce her name when I have visual proof that she is indeed a SHE. After 3 boys, you tend to be a little skeptical that you'll ever get a girl. My blog baby counter says just 19 more days as of tonight, so that's what I am going by.

We take life and aches and pains just one day at a time here lately, and luckily so one is sick or has been hurt since our last catastrophes mentioned above. Hope all is well with everyone else, and we'll be sure to let you know when "Baby" arrives!
I also just realized my last 2 videos didn't work. Sorry. If I have time to think about it, I'll try to fix that. If not, just know that they were cute! :)

No comments: