My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Face book Info

Mandie Jones Snell's Facebook profile

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lazy Summer

I have been so blessed to have sleepers at my house! It seems we can't function before 8:30 in the morning during the summers. (I love it!) John has decided to work at Treasure Mountain Scout Camp for th month of July. It's about half as far as Salmon was, so we can see him a lot easier, making it not too bad for him to be gone. I, meanwhile, am mom, dad, warden, cook (kinda), housekeeper, driver, and answering service. I really miss him during the week!

He told the math department at his school that he would sell their old supply of graphing calculators for them this summer on e-bay. I know what your thinking... "but he's at scout camp?" Exactly! The job of saleswoman has now been added to my job description, and I am GOOD! :) We do miss him during the week though.

John's mom just got back from an educational trip to Japan, so tonight we are having a, fitting I know, "Japan party. She has made all the little girls in the family little kimono's and the boys kimono type shirts, both in Japanese prints. Jackson has been asking all week when the party is.


We also did our annual tradition of burning money, I mean lighting off fireworks, this 4th at Grandma's. The boys had so much fun. It was Jamison's first firework show where he payed much attention. He loved it! The other two enjoyed using their glow in the dark bracelets as light sabers. We had a good 4th. Hope you all did too. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Thank goodness you haave sleepers! You need them to sleep well so you can rest after all you are doing! Way to stay busy but remember to relax and take a load off...its summer!

Malinda said...

Sounds like you are having busy summer. I have been a lone a lot too with Mike traveling for weeks at a time. It really stinks sometimes without dad at home.

Aunty Merbear said...

WHat, only two updates since you started this! What are you, busy or somwthing? Mom says HI. I know you are suprised that mom even know what a blog is. Actually Brooks taught her all about blogs and blog sites. Kinda creepy! Love to all. Love the boys hair cuts. We are hoping to get there around the first of Aug. Ill let you know.